Executive Assistant – AWS
Amazon Web Services is seeking a special individual to assist 2 business leaders of Amazon Web Services (AWS). This person will prioritize and resolve open issues, directly communicate with key customers, follow up on group commitments with the leadership team, and be responsive to other teams at Amazon.
The right candidate for this job will be innovative, curious, detail-oriented, self-starting, and extremely customer focused. The assistant will be responsible for high quality written communication both within Amazon and to the outside world. Good judgment, writing skills, and the ability to simplify are important. While there are no specific areas of technical expertise required, this job requires a fearlessness in dealing with semi-technical subjects.
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Management of complex calendar and scheduling requirements
· Tracking and helping drive completion of key deliverables and follow up on outstanding items
· Organize both team and large scale events and manage the project from end to end
· Make timely decisions using independent judgment on a regular basis in a proactive manner
· Must be able to work in a highly confidential environment
· Manage and process mail and correspondence as required
· Interact with AWS and Amazon counterparts on a global basis to arrange meetings, conference calls, diary schedules etc. with key colleagues and internal managers
· Manage daily and weekly key information indicator statistics reporting
· Prepare and issue minutes of meetings and assist with the follow up actions from meeting outcomes
· Be goal and results driven with the ability to also look at the bigger picture in order to proactively plan
· Work closely with support staff, Finance and Human Resources, to build and secure support and resources for projects and initiatives
· Carry out responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and procedures
· Schedule cost effective air/hotel/ground transportation. Create detailed, to-the-minute travel itineraries (including smooth transitions between time zones). Coordinate with in-house travel agents and manage international travel process (including passport, visa, vaccination, and cell phone requirements). Complete and file expense reports; utilizing both domestic and international currencies.
· Drive team activities (including staff meeting agendas and notes, org-wide meetings, social outings, supply ordering, and other key logistics).
· Identify and coordinate most productive and cost effective method for meetings including in person, on-site, off-site, audio conferences (international, stateside and local) and video conferences.
· Act as administrator over team SharePoint sites and Wiki pages.
· Close collaboration with departmental EA peers
· Responsible for all space planning activities within the organization
· Ability to work independently with minimal direction
· All other duties as assigned including special projects.
· Co-ordination duties for Sales Training programs & yearly sales kick-off events