Operations Manager Logistics
At Amazon, we pioneer.
We also treat every day just like it’s day one. And we never sit still while we do it.
Are you up for creating solutions and solving tomorrow’s problems today? Then we have the opportunity for you!
We’re seeking an experienced, Operations Manager to join our Customer Fulfillment / Distribution Center team. You’ll operate out of one of our dynamic Fulfillment Centers: these sit at the heart of Amazon’s world-class, rapidly growing business. They’re where we manage our fast-moving inventory; they’re also where we developed our smart, industry-leading workflows.
As an Operations Manager, you’ll deliver inspiring, supportive leadership for the teams you manage, working hand to hand with them in the shop floor. But at the same time, you don’t shy away from rolling up your sleeves and getting involved whenever necessary.
You’ll be directly responsible for managing a team of Area Managers and their direct reports: meanwhile, you will report to the Senior Operations Manager of your Fulfillment Center. The quality of your leadership is key to success in this role: you’ll motivate and inspire your teams to do their best work, while planning schedules and activities that balance their needs with that of the business, being responsible and leading and supporting your team to maintain the highest safety, quality and productivity and customer experience standards on a daily basis.
Another key aspect of your role will be to lead on numerous process improvement projects, with the aim of streamlining all activities, both for yourself and the team members you manage, from Area Managers to Team Leaders and especially Associates. Job Description
Your role will be pivotal in the overall management, control, organization and direction of either Outbound or Inbound operational areas of your FC. Your responsibilities will include, amongst others:
- Maintaining Health and Safety standards within your remit area, while promoting an inspiring Health and Safety culture on-site,
- Become a subject matter expert on specific, larger-scale processes and activities within FCs,
- Support, coach and develop your team of direct reports empowering them to take action and decision and grow to the next level,
- In your inventory control and systems environment, you’ll manage timely data collection, updating operations metrics on an hourly basis,
- Therefore, you’ll aim and support every day your team to achieve productivity targets, reduce cost per unit, eliminate errors and ensure an excellent customer experience,
- Work closely with other support teams (HR, Finance, Facilities, Safety and Security, IT) on staffing plans, schedules and performance levels,
- Implement process change to drive safety, quality or performance improvements, easing daily routines for your team