Ring has a mission to reduce crime in neighborhoods. With affordable solutions that work on any home, Ring is committed to offering smart security that’s accessible to everyone. Now Ring is part of the Amazon Devices family, and are seeking engineers who will help us create the next generation of home security. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
As a Software Development Manager – Ring, you will lead your team to design, build, and support low power wireless protocols to embed in different Ring products. You will engage with SW and HW partners inside and outside of the company to:
- Build a road map for wireless technology across a variety of product categories
- Work with product management and cross functional teams to build and ship technical solutions for desired user experiences across a variety of product families
- Provide hands on technical leadership to the team, including your own code contributions, design reviews, and prioritization
- Implement process improvements for both your own and surrounding teams.
- Advise senior and executive management
- Define detailed technical requirements from high level product requirements and enable your team to do the same.
- Drive and facilitate innovation within the team
- Manage team priorities, headcount projections, recruiting and continuous performance evaluations.
- Monitor, drive and facilitate individual growth of your team’s individual contributors
- Ownership of the overall systems development life cycle.
- Execution against project plans and timely delivery of committed results.