Amazon’s Europe Operations Employee Relations (ER) team is looking for a Head of Employee Relations, Spain with a demonstrated passion for building and sustaining positive, engaged work environments for associates and leaders, significant employee and labor relations subject matter expertise and proven success as a leader of people. The Employee Relations team is responsible for reducing risk to the business by creating and executing programs to develop the next generation of high-performing, associate-centric frontline leaders. The Head of Employee Relations will play a vital role in advancing our mission. The Employee Relations is a tight-knit team of ER professionals, including former HR, operational and legal leaders. We are passionate about improving our leaders’ skill sets in associate engagement across the organization. This position supports all Operations business lines across Spain. These are are including Customer Fulfillment (CF), Amazon Logistics (AMZL), Sortation Centers (ATS), and Global Special Fulfillment (GSF). The Head of ER will lead a team of 2 highly qualified ER Managers and drive the team growth and development to scale together with the business. The role will directly report to the EU Director, Employee Relations.
· Subject Matter Expertise: Utilize employee and labor relations expertise to identify issues, predict and mitigate risk and develop and execute ER strategies and ER programs for the business.
· Crisis Management: The individual also will work reactively on critical employee relations issues that are crisis-oriented and typically can only be successfully completed with limited time. Assessing and calibrating responses to varying situations, using sound judgment in decision making. Balancing time between projects and crisis-response is a critical component.
· Project Management: Independently own large scale, network-wide projects for the ER team that improve the associate experience at the network level. Lead and drive teams to deliver results and execute project deliverables.
· Analytical and Measurement: Exceptional analytical skills, comfortable working with large amounts of data, communicating data findings and measuring success of programs and projects.
· Deliver Innovative Solutions: Challenge current practices and think outside the box to generate creative ways to scale ER and HR programs and develop innovative ER solutions that meet timelines and deliverables, raise the bar and exceed the customer expectations.
· Communication: Create and own written communications to business and HR leaders and stakeholders on all ER related matters.
· Cross-Functional Collaboration: Build collaborative, influential internal and external relationships with Operations and HR leaders and other critical stakeholders to gather information, feedback and earn support and necessary resources to develop and execute ER strategies and programs.
· Problem Solver: Troubleshoot issues independently and drive them to closure with minimal supervision; persevere in the face of internal and external barriers.
· Travel: This is a position that requires significant travel across Europe, up to 30-50% of the time.