Amazon Studios launched in 2010 as a new way to develop feature films and episodic series—one that’s open to great ideas from creators and audiences around the world. Amazon Studios Original Content is available to global Prime members and is known for bringing customers the Golden Globe-winning and Emmy-winning series Transparent and Mozart in the Jungle along with original hits like You are Wanted, The Grand Tour, Six Dreams, All or Nothing, The Marvelous Mrs Maisel and The Man in the High Castle.
Amazon Studios Europe is seeking a self-motivated Junior Development Executive for our Originals team in Spain. In this position you will be working with the Senior Development Executives in scripted and non-scripted to assist in reading and reviewing submissions, providing written feedback as requested and working with creatives to shape materials to fit our brand and vision, tracking development projects, working with key stakeholders to ensure we have greenlight information including budgets, credits, creative materials and schedules, being the key point person coordinating between departments including but not limited to marketing, PR, Legal, Finance and Production during development and production as well as using local market knowledge to identify development opportunities for Spain.
We are seeking a dynamic and outgoing individual, they must be highly motivated and have the ability to multi task with a large volume of workload. The candidate must have excellent communication skills and the ability to work independently, learn quickly and be reliable under pressure in a fast-paced culture.
- As directed by the Senior development executive, assess proposals, scripts, formats, and pitches making recommendations on submissions.
- Manage the submissions process and tracking the development slate.
- Use local market knowledge to drive increased pipeline of product for Amazon Studios.
- Supervise production where needed.
- Create weekly development reports and track metrics.
- Liaise with the senior development executive to ensure we have visibility over all key talent, creatives and pitches in the market.
- Organize pitch meetings and manage translations of materials where appropriate.
- To attend weekly business, development and production meetings as required.
- Perform additional administrative tasks as need.