Amazon Studios launched in 2010 as a new way to develop feature films and episodic series—one that’s open to great ideas from creators and audiences around the world. Amazon Studios Original Content is available to global Prime members and is known for bringing customers the Golden Globe-winning and Emmy-winning series Transparent and Mozart in the Jungle along with original hits like The Grand Tour, Six Dreams, All or Nothing, The Marvelous Mrs Maisel and The Man in the High Castle.
Amazon Studios Europe is seeking an experienced, dynamic and self-motivated Senior Development Executive for Spain. In this position you will manage the sourcing, development and execution of original non-scripted Spanish productions.
The successful candidate will have extensive experience in development, as a producer or commissioner, with an in-depth knowledge of the unscripted TV landscape. Must have proven creative instincts selecting, developing, producing and/or greenlighting projects, as well as strong interpersonal skills and industry relationships. This position will be based in Madrid and will report to the Head of Amazon Studios Europe.
We are seeking a dynamic and outgoing individual, they must be self-motivated and have the ability to multi task with a large volume of workload. This individual will be responsible for multiple projects in development and production as well as a high volume of submissions and meetings. The candidate must have exceptional influencing and negotiation skills.
- Key point of contact and support for producers, agents, talent within the territory.
- Cultivate new creative relationships in the European marketplace representing Amazon Studios.
- Solicit and assess proposals, formats, and pitches across multiple territories, making recommendations on submissions to enter in to development and providing feedback.
- Work with Legal and BA to secure production and talent for original programming
- Accountable for driving the execution of the studios vision and goals for the territory.
- Managing the production from inception to launch, interacting with key stakeholders internally and externally during this process.
- To attend weekly business, development and production meetings as required.
- Oversee production of greenlit series for premium quality and cost efficiency.