Do you like helping customers and partners solve technical problems? Would you like to do this using the latest cloud computing technologies? Do you have a knack for helping companies understand application architectures and integration approaches? Do you have consultative and leadership skills to launch a project on a trajectory to success? Do you want to be a part of the business development team helping to establish Amazon Web Services as a leading technology platform?
As a Solution Architect within the program development of Amazon Web Services (AWS), you will have the opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad use of Amazon’s utility computing web services ( Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon S3, Amazon EC2, and Amazon SQS) within AWS customers accounts.
Your broad responsibilities will include: owning the technical support and in its way, help to reach the ultimate success around specific implementation projects, and developing a deep expertise in the AWS technologies as well as broad know-how around how applications and services are constructed using the AWS platform.
The ideal candidate will possess customer facing skills that will allow them to facilitate relationship within a customer’s environment especially with senior personnel within the company, as well as a technical background that enables them to easily interact and give guidance to software developers and architects. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, products, and technical challenges. Roles & Responsibilities:
- Serve as a key member of the Business Development team in helping to ensure customer success in building applications and services on the AWS platform.
- Scope each customer engagement, with attention towards clear and well-defined objectives and success criteria.
- Own each engagement, and help ensure a timely and successful delivery of value.
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the solution architect community.
- Understand the AWS market segments, customer base, and industry verticals.
- Understand and exploit the use of salesforce.com and other internal Amazon systems.