Amazon.com has an immediate opening for a Sr. Technical Program Manager to support infrastructure growth initiatives. The TPM will lead cross functional teams to drive the implementation and deployment of the completed designs, develop and document requirements, budgets, and project schedules.
The ideal candidate possesses 7-10 years of experience in technical program management, plus experience managing complex and large-scale and technology projects. Experience in managing networking projects and / or datacenter rollouts is essential. A Bachelor's degree is required and demonstrated ability to lead others in a technical environment. Successfully delivering aggressive project deliverables while effectively managing capital budgets is essential. Other requirements include proficiency with MS Office, MS Project, MS Sharepoint and Web Publishing.
The successful candidate will be an exceptionally strong communicator both written and verbally, and will lead multi-discipline, highly technical project initiatives. The ideal candidate will have successfully managed multiple enterprise-scale infrastructure projects. Their experience includes datacenter technologies such as Networking, HVAC, power, cable plant, as well as familiarity with software delivery, operating systems, server virtualization products, and datacenter automation tools.
Candidate must be comfortable managing remote project delivery teams, and possess the ability to facilitate technical whiteboard sessions to troubleshoot project implementation issues, and remove barriers to project success. The candidate can multitask and reprioritize and effectively lead deliveries based on ever changing business needs. This candidate will be a self started and required little guidance, have a will get it done attitude and can make decisions independently. The TPM will be fully competent in project management tools and techniques for all phases of the project lifecycle.
If you meet these qualifications, exude passion, and enjoy the challenges of deploying highly technical and innovative projects at massive scale, this job is for you!
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5+ years of project management experience
- Experience in core project management disciplines including scope, schedule, budget, quality, along with risk and critical path management. Must be well organized and able to work effectively under time pressure. Proven ability to effectively manage project budgets is essential
- Data Center, networking engineering, systems engineering background and demonstrated excellence
- Basic understanding of TCP/IP networks and datacenter operations
- Proficiency with MS Project, MS Office, and MS Sharepoint
- Exceptional analytical, quantitative, communication, and presentation skills