At Amazon we believe that every day is still day one.
A day to take a first step. A day to look forwards to new challenges. And today is that day for you. It's your day to be part of something great. A day to make your ideas come to life. And your day to join a company that redefines itself every day. That's the energy and passion behind Amazon. At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright and driven people. Amazon is one of the most recognizable brand names in the world and we distribute millions of products each year to our loyal customers. SCOPE:
· Provide functional support to Regional Procurement Manager EU GSF/AMZL with all aspects of EU Procurement Projects. This includes close cooperation with Category, Capabilities as well as Special Projects Team to provide best overall value to flow of packaging / non-inventory goods and services, supplied at the best overall value to the business on a day-to-day basis. REPORTING TO:
· Regional Procurement Manager EU GSF/ AMZL MAIN RESPONSIBILITES:
· Supporting all Procurement activities related to new site launches
· Providing ongoing Procurement support to existing country GSF/AMZL sites in Spain
· Ensure project championship within joint EU Category and GSF/AMZL Procurement Projects
· Delivering policy and process training to requesters and key stakeholders/functions
· Identifying and managing a local supply base
· Capable and effective on multi million Euro deals handling / create contracts and WOs which are for categories such as temporary workers, facility management, etc.
· Executes vision and goals for the team or department
· Questions purchase requests that are obviously not essential or that have no documented justification.
· Expected to understand the business needs of local GSF/AMZL business stakeholders. For those groups, is able to validate the requirements are valid and justified.
· Responsible for managing supplier relationships
· Enforcing and monitoring Procurement policy compliance and working with the relevant individuals to make improvements where required
· Proactively leading, executing and supporting local and EU wide AMZL/GSF procurement project activities throughout all phases of the project
· Partnering with other Country Procurement Specialists in Europe to consolidate the supply base and standardize - Bill of Materials (BOM) and Business as usual (BAU) requirements at an EU level.
· Identifying savings opportunities and partnering with Category Managers to deliver savings through tenders/negotiations/contract renewals.
· Managing the relationship with our internal customers KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:
- Delivery of EU GSF/AMZL Procurement, savings and metrics in line with set targets.
- Achieving yearly cost saving targets set for the EU Team
- No GSF/AMZL Launch Delay – ensure highlighting/ escalation.
- Achieving personal project targets / objectives.