Interested in Amazon Alexa? Come work on it. We’re building the speech and language solutions behind Amazon Alexa, Amazon Echo and other Amazon products and services. We’re working hard, having fun, and making history; come join us!
Amazon is looking for a business intelligence engineer to join our Applied Modeling and Data Science team in the area of speech and language data processing. We are seeking a customer-obsessed individual with strong analytical skills and technology experience to help us measure, analyze and solve complex problems. Your work will directly impact how we evolve and grow this key initiative, an internal analytics suite comprised of self-service dashboards, tools, and queries to help the Alexa organization keep pace with its growth.
A successful candidate knows and loves working with business intelligence tools, is comfortable accessing and working with data from multiple sources, and can partner with internal stakeholders to help drive operations. They have a restlessness to answer “why?” questions and are passionate about using data to drive decision-making. As a key member of the team they will play an integral part in the program by successfully partnering with various data customers -- scientists, analysts, operations, data warehouse and product teams to support business needs.Key Responsibilities
- Execute against the BI and data reporting roadmap, prioritizing long-term and short-term initiatives that generate or automate data reporting needs
- Dive deep into our data workflows to understand trends and issues and recommend approaches to ensure efficient mitigation
- Identify, develop, manage, and execute analyses to uncover areas of opportunity and present written recommendations that will help shape the direction of improving the customer experience
- Be able to synthesize metrics across distributed work sites
- Write high quality code to retrieve and analyze data
- Ensure data accuracy by validating data for new and existing tools
- Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive data deliverables
- Learn and understand a broad range of Amazon’s data resources and know how, when, and which to use and which not to use
- Reporting of key insight trends, using statistical rigor to simplify and inform the larger team of noteworthy story lines
- Respond with urgency to high priority requests from scientists, managers, and partner product teams.
- Continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service support for metrics