Overview and Responsibilities: Overview:
Responsible as SME for establishing risk-based security standards for Amazon Last Mile locations and the methods for maintaining and improving those standards. The specific areas of focus include, inter alia
, loss exposure/loss controls analysis, investigations of theft and loss, physical security systems and controls, contract guarding services, loss prevention education and awareness programs, background screening, workplace violence and loss prevention audit programs. In order to ensure that the said standards and methods are deployed, in respect of strategic plans, consistently across all countries and business units within the region, the job holder will develop and maintain key relationships and collaborations with regional leaders, Last Mile Operational team as well as other relevant cross functional teams throughout the organization. The role is field-based from a fulfillment Centre in either Barcelona or Madrid. Key deliverables:
Functional leadership; Risk assessment and management; S&LP Performance Management; Regulatory, legal and labor compliance; Compliance to internal standards; Budgeting and cost management; Physical Protection systems, technology and services; Awareness & training for non-S&LP and S&LP personnel; Handling incidents, investigations and MO intelligence; Crisis Management and resilience; Key internal and external contacts. Responsibilities:
- Drive the process by which compliance with all corporate loss prevention program standards is attained.
- Identify, develop and implement additional loss prevention program elements required to meet the unique needs of Amazon Last Mile businesses.
- Effectively partner with operations and support functions in evaluating current and future business processes and initiatives.
- Serve as a member of a coordinated team of Loss Prevention Managers in relentlessly pursuing improvements to company-wide loss prevention program efforts.
- Perform interior and exterior Loss Prevention audits of the Last Mile facilities, being alert to and responding to any security of Loss Prevention issues noted.
- Monitor the Last Mile facilities for compliance with Amazon security and Loss Prevention policies
- Perform various Loss Prevention inspections, audits, and investigations as required
- Encourage and promote Loss Prevention within the workforce exercising integrity and ethical methods.
- Support the development and deployment of cost effective security systems and solutions to mitigate risks and Modus Operandi.
- Establish and use risk assessment processes to identify and prioritize risks and mitigation means.
- Liaise and cooperate with law enforcement and industry bodies to support Amazon interests.
- Liaise and cooperate with vendors, suppliers and partners to effectively resolve exposures and mitigate risks.
- Positively reflect the Amazon.com security/Loss Prevention department through public relations and customer service; set a personal example of the highest level.
- Demonstrate knowledge of loss prevention best practices in supply chain, distribution and delivery centers to include: application of physical security systems, investigation techniques/laws of arrest, management of contract guard agencies, delivery carriers’ loss mitigation techniques.
- Conduct new hire orientation and training.
 Subject Matter Expert
 Security & Loss Prevention