Title - Transportation Operations Specialist
Location - Barcelona
Compensation - Competitive Transportation Operations Specialist
Help shape the future of Amazon in the EU!
Do you see a clear path where others see roadblocks? Would you rather break the mold to do something right than settle for the status quo? What if you could use your creativity to change the direction of the entire transportation and delivery sector to raise the bar on customer experience? Here is your opportunity:
Amazon is looking for a customer-focused, highly skilled Transportation Operations Specialist (f/m). Purview of a Transportation Operations Specialist
Transportation Operations Specialist works across the EU in a cross-functional environment with the Supply Chain, FCs, AMS, FBA, Finance and the Retail organizations to determine future demand for Transportation resources, and translates the aforementioned into accurate capacity plans. S/he also maintains and reports up to date and accurate statistics, management reports and analysis. S/he also facilitates the flow of information between different stakeholders (Retail/FBA/Trans Carriers/FC/Finance) and resolves any potential issues that impact customer/vendor/seller experience and business continuity. Transportation Operations Specialist also provide timely resolution to the issue in hand by researching and querying internal tools and by taking real-time decisions. An ideal candidate should be able to understand the requirements/be able to analyze data and notice trends and be able to drive Customer/Vendor/Seller Experience without compromising on time. The candidate should have the basic understanding of Logistics and should be able to communicate clearly in the written and oral form.
As a Transportation Operations Specialist, you will provide the support to expand the of new transportation initiatives designed to improve overall efficiency and to meet the growing demand for transportation capacity. In addition, you will be responsible for defining and implementing product visions that meet our customers’ needs while satisfying performance and budget goals in EU. Responsibilities:
- Communicate with stakeholders and being able to understand if the problem can be reoccurring in order to scale the solution provided
- Lead the development of key metrics and performance indicators to measure overall performance and provide foundation for continuous improvement and drive business results.
- Reporting and analysis through tools, portals and reports; following solution-driven approach to systems and processes, using advanced computer literacy (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word) and Data-warehouse analysis.
- Outstanding problem solving ability and technical aptitude. Ability to recognize gaps in change management, workflows and operational processes and procedures.
- Ability to work with multiple and ambiguous data sources to build solid business cases for project prioritization and decision-making processes.
- Scope out business and functional requirements for the Amazon technology teams who create and enhance the software systems and tools are used by the team.