Amazon is seeking a smart, self-motivated and creative PR Manager to support our rapidly growing Devices and Services business in France, Italy and Spain. The role involves day-to-day ownership of PR for Amazon Alexa and Amazon Devices across all three countries, and can be based in Paris, Milan or Madrid.
As PR owner of Alexa and Amazon Devices in France, Italy and Spain, you will be responsible for managing PR agencies to proactively communicate all the ways Alexa continues to get smarter, and promoting Amazon’s award-winning family of devices. You will collaborate daily with international PR and business teams – as well as PR agencies – to imagine, develop and execute PR programs designed to enhance the reputation of Alexa and Amazon Devices to media in each country.
You will act as a key advisor to international PR colleagues and business partners, and support global campaigns taking into consideration cultural nuances. Able to work at internet-speed, you must have high-judgment, excellent communications skills, exemplary writing ability, exceptional initiative, strong project management ability and a talent for effectively managing projects across international locales. You will also have experience of working with high standards under tight deadlines and be flexible to manage ambiguity as priorities change.
A strong track record of working with major brands on major campaigns is essential, alongside a high level of creativity and extensive experience in dealing with consumer technology media contacts and news desks.Key responsibilities include:
- Acting as a PR subject matter expert for Alexa and Devices across France, Italy and Spain
- Devising and implementing comprehensive communication programs that build buzz and awareness for Alexa and Amazon Devices
- Close collaboration with PR colleagues globally and in Europe
- Working with key stakeholders across regions, including business leads external PR agencies
- Providing strategic counsel to senior business leaders
- Ensuring consistency of company-wide communication, sharing best practices, capitalizing on opportunities globally and developing impactful regional media strategies
- Keeping current on trends, issues and news about the business and the world of consumer technology
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with appropriate media contacts in each country
- Conducting proactive and reactive media relations
- Managing multiple external public relations agencies on strategy and day-to-day matters
- Effectively representing Amazon as a spokesperson for assigned businesses as necessary