New Region Sourcing Manager
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a dynamic, growing business unit within Amazon.com that provides a broad set of infrastructure services including computing power, storage options, networking and databases available on demand. We are the leader in cloud computing and our pioneers are embracing innovation, building the future, and making history!
We are currently seeking a creative, results-driven, and forward-thinking sourcing and procurement professional to join our Services Procurement and Supplier Development team. This is a new role that will focus on identifying and onboarding construction and maintenance, repair, & operations (MRO) suppliers in emerging regions where we have a limited or non-existent supplier base. You will be charged with creating new region sourcing plans and then quickly delivering results that enable internal teams to meet aggressive schedules. It will be critical that you identify new ways to forge partnerships with new suppliers, evaluate suppliers' performance against clearly defined metrics, and balance priorities of, both, Amazon and our suppliers to achieve mutually beneficial outcomes. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and can effectively manage multiple ongoing projects.
As a new region sourcing specialist, you must embrace Amazon's leadership principles and model the team’s mission, which is to be laser focused on the needs of customers, empowering them so they can have a more significant impact in their roles. The team serves the best interest of Amazon by engaging in ethical, transparent and professional transactions and takes ownership of services procurement functions to increase high quality competition, promote supplier diversity, and elevate supplier performance. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
* Identifying viable construction and MRO suppliers in new regions through customer & business partner collaboration and market research.
* Negotiating contract terms with new suppliers, and creating mechanisms to help them understand Amazon's business requirements.
* Establishing new region supplier sourcing strategies and timelines that address specifics of each region including local language, ease of doing business with suppliers in-market, existing supplier availability, etc., and then acting as a project manager to drive the strategies to completion.
* Managing the supplier selection process includes leading all aspects of RFPs and RFQs (competitive bidding).
* Communicating frequently and professionally with internal customers and stakeholders on the status of sourcing and procurement activities for new regions.
* Developing and leading supplier- and customer-focused trainings that enable them to partner more closely with your business unit.
* Establishing key internal metrics and utilizing them to monitor and improve personal performance against business objectives and to make informed business decisions
* Driving process improvement initiatives that positively impact customers, stakeholders, and the team.
* Creating procedures and tools and simplifying those that already exist.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
*Please note that this role requires upwards of 25% international travel