At Amazon, our motto is “Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.” This position offers an exciting opportunity to make history by becoming a founding member of a team whose purpose is to solve complex challenges and to create unprecedented customer experiences on a daily basis. We’re looking for creative leaders with a passion for innovation, knack for problem solving, and a passion to create world class customer experiences that will change the face of commerce.
This team will be entrepreneurial, wear many hats, and work in a highly collaborative environment. You’ll work with highly skilled operators and program managers inventing and iterating to design the most effective operational processes. The adopted attitude is that no idea is a bad idea, and the best ideas are the ones that should be tested and tried. You’ll be able to interface directly with customers in a way almost no one else in the industry can. You’ll lead a team of problem-solving associates to become owners and to reach challenging goals. You will need to thrive and deliver results in an ambiguous, fast paced and dynamic environment.
Five key areas that you’ll always focus on are safety, quality, customer experience, productivity, and fun.
On a daily basis, you can expect to:
· Ensure a safe work environment for all associates
· Review the work forecasts and determine productivity requirements to produce during the day to meet the overall building objectives.
· Proactively identify and lead process improvement initiatives
· Balance labor, ensuring that you are operating a balanced and efficient shift while meeting all production goals
· Embrace a start-up mentality and emphasize “have fun”
You are responsible for ensuring that you have properly trained people and that their needs are addressed so they can focus on their jobs. You will ensure Amazon policies are implemented and administered fairly and consistently. This includes motivating, coaching, reporting, and providing feedback of associates’ performance as a means for achieving or exceeding Amazon expectations.
Key Job Elements - Fulfilment:
· Coordinate physical and virtual workflows, or flow of orders and materials to ensure products are shipped on time to meet customer delivery promise
· Lead the order batching strategy to ensure efficiency while protecting customer experience
· Allocate labor, lead meetings, direct and assign job duties for Fulfillment Associates
· Perform in depth problem solving in all areas to ensure successful and continuous operations
· Train, audit, and support employees to perform Amazon standard operating procedures and utilizing equipment and software
· Continuously utilize software and hardware tools to ensure normal day to day operations.
· Ensure associates have proper tools to perform the job and coordinate repair or replacement when needed
· Provide additional supervisory responsibilities as needed and determined by management
· Communicate daily fulfilment metrics and report exceptions to other departments in Operations and throughout Amazon as necessary
· Report and escalate systemic issues to management as necessary and in a timely manner
· Review and update Standard Operating Procedures according to Amazon practices
· Participate in initiatives to ensure Safety and Operational Excellence
· Fully understand processes and daily goals, and make recommendations to improve performance
· Identify, address and resolve safety hazards within the Fulfillment Center
· Perform administrative duties, and additional functions, as needed and determined by management
· Support and work in all areas of the Fulfillment Center as required and as determined by site management
Key Job Elements – Dispatch:
· Develop and monitor delivery requirements and coordinate requirements with service providers.
· Coordinate pickup and delivery issues.
· Consolidate information from different sources to determine daily load plan requirements for the facility, then adjusting and executing accordingly.
· Consolidate data from multiple data sources and generate weekly metrics and daily reports to support business needs.
· Conduct daily coordination with operations teams to ensure orders depart on time with zero defects.
· Monitor system generated routing solutions and provide viable routing solutions and make decisions on deliveries outside of the normal routing matrix.
· Manager delivery volume changes on a daily basis and adjust the delivery plan to meet customer expectations.
· Track any service constraints and changes in service providers, ensuring effective scheduling.
Create “what if” routing solutions as part of expense savings opportunities.