Regional Environmental Engineer
The Regional Environmental Engineer will be responsible for AWS environmental compliance at data centers in EMEA. The REE will ensure standards and policies support regulatory compliance, and they will provide appropriate environmental compliance guidance to regional operations and construction teams. The individual will complete contractual and environmental performance analysis, manage regional environmental professionals, establish and monitor metrics, and guide the teams in implementation of Amazon environmental procedures. The REE will work with internal and external partners that include government entities, contractors, consultants, design, construction, operations and other key stakeholders.
The Regional Environmental Engineer must have excellent communication skills, strong environmental regulatory knowledge, with international experience strongly preferred, demonstrated success in program development and project management, and experience leading geographically disperse teams in complex and technical projects.
• Engage with and oversee regional professionals and compliance with local, state, and federal environmental regulations, contractual obligations, and Amazon policy.
• Develop regional strategic programs by integrating with operators, engineering, construction, and operations.
• Drive an environmentally responsible culture within the organization.
• Ensure work performed by contractors, consultants, and employees is completed in accordance with Amazon standards.
• Develop environmental metrics to measure, monitor and forecast performance.
• Conduct thorough and accurate environmental audits to drive continuous improvement.
• Prioritize and manage multiple technically complex assignments concurrently.
• Represent Amazon at appropriate levels with governmental agencies and throughout the company.
• Build collaborative relationships with various stakeholders to ensure risks are identified early and managed appropriately.
• Submit time critical reports to various governmental agencies.
• Complete thorough and accurate environmental incident investigations and associated regulatory reports and develop appropriate corrective actions.
• The role will require regular travel to Amazon facilities across EMEA to complete these responsibilities.