Would you like to be part of a team focused on increasing adoption of Amazon Web Services by engaging with customers that are reinventing their IT strategy by adopting cloud computing? Do you want to gain business savvy, sales experience, and the technical expertise necessary to help further establish Amazon as a leading cloud platform provider?
The internship will provide interns with the AWS knowledge, tools, and techniques they need to become highly effective at creating new conversations within a target market and converting them into new opportunities. AWS interns will gain a full understanding of prospecting tactics and AWS prospecting methodologies.
The successful candidate will be interested in a career in software or technology sales with the ability to identify and create new business opportunities that drive and grow revenues for AWS.
Overview of the role:
- Build an understanding of customer pain points, requirements, and potential value that can be delivered by AWS.
- Present the AWS value and positioning of solutions to prospects and customers relevant to their industry or target market.
- Learn the AWS portfolio and the Amazon Culture.
- Differentiate and understand various IT roles and responsibilities
- Identify target accounts using market data and industry intelligence.
- Actively penetrate whitespace accounts to provide access for our sales teams.
- Navigate prospective accounts to identify new customer opportunities in a focused market space
- Collaborate with various sales team members to create innovative prospecting approaches.
- Achieve activity targets from assigned territory or set of accounts.
- Provide timely reporting using the AWS CRM tool to document activity, conversations, and meetings.
- Report to management on prospecting progress by providing relevant information that can be presented up the AWS management chain.