Do you like helping customers implement innovative computing solutions and solving technical problems? Would you like to do this using the latest cloud computing technologies? Do you have a knack for helping groups understand distributed application architectures and integration best practices and the consultative and leadership skills to lead a project to success? Are you ready to bring your unique combination of technical skills, business acumen and a do-whatever-it-takes attitude to help your customers successfully leverage the Amazon Web Services platform to transform their business?
This role will engage with Iberian customers across a broad range of Industry Verticals and Business Services. Technology trends include IoT, Big Data, Analytics, AI/ML, Serverless and traditional cloud migrations of compute, storage and associated applications.
The ideal candidate will need to demonstrate:
- Deep technical skill in infrastructure, software architecture and cloud computing
- Customer facing skills, ideally gained in presales or consultancy roles, allowing them to represent AWS in discussions with senior personnel and to deliver 1:many public speaking engagements.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about solutions to business, product, and technical challenges.
- Awareness of technology trends and how they impact the way businesses consume IT.
As a Solutions Architect within AWS, you will have the opportunity to help shape the strategy and enable a broad use of Amazon's utility computing web services by directly working with our key customers. Your responsibilities will include owning the technical engagement and ultimate successful production deployment of specific projects; defining implementation architectures, developing a deep expertise in the AWS technologies as well as a broad know-how about how applications and services are constructed using the AWS platform.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Support the AWS Business development team to help formulate a strategy to help the adoption of AWS within the focus industry verticals.
- Guide customers to ensure success in building and migrating applications, software and services following the principles of the AWS Well-Architected Framework.
- Help educate enterprise customers on the value proposition of AWS, and participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud.
- Help provide one-to-few and one-to-many training sessions to transfer knowledge to customers considering or already using AWS.
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge among the AWS solutions architecture community.
- Author or otherwise contribute to AWS customer-facing publications such as blogs and whitepapers.
- Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customers to enable them to be cloud advocates.
- Act as a technical liaison between customers, service engineering teams and support.