This role can be based in Madrid.
Would you like to contribute to the Amazon Web Service’s Big Data and Analytics offerings? Would you like to be part of a team focused on helping increase adoption of the Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform by facilitating relationships with companies building software applications and services? Do you have the business savvy and the technical background necessary to help further establish Amazon as the leader in the cloud computing space?
As a Manager within the AWS business, you will have the exciting opportunity to help shape and assist deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad use of Amazon’s cloud computing platform within the enterprise, SMB, and start-up communities, with specific focus on Big Data and Analytics services.
You would use your business savvy to help drive revenue, develop marketing development programs and identify new markets and opportunities. You would liaise directly with the most interesting and demanding customers to understand their requirements and help turn them into reality.
Working hand in hand with our business development teams and solution architects, you would help deliver the finest solutions based on the AWS platform of Big Data and Analytics services. Your in-depth technical background would help customers understand how to improve their businesses using the right set of services. Your excellent verbal and written communication skills will allow you build business development tools, evangelize AWS platform with AWS enterprise customers, start-ups and valued partners. You’ll also work closely with the product/service teams to help them evolve the products/services and address issues, concerns, and requests from the field.
The ideal candidate will possess both a business background that enables them to support an engagement and interact at the CxO/VP level, as well as a technical background that enables them to easily interact with software developers and architects. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. A keen sense of ownership, drive, and scrappiness is a must. Role & Responsibilities:
- Serve as a key member of the EMEA platform business development team in contributing to the overall AWS market and technical strategy,
- Help define the AWS market segments, customer base, and industry verticals we target,
- Help set a strategic business development plan for target markets and ensure it is in line with the AWS strategic direction,
- Help execute the strategic business development plan while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. business development teams, product service teams, legal, support, etc.),
- Focus on incubating new AWS Big Data and Analytics services, scaling existing AWS services, delivering workload/solution specific domain expertise to vertically organized business development campaigns and developing repeatable, packaged solutions to solve customer challenges,
- Identify specific prospects/partners to approach while discussing potential application of the AWS services for their business and use case.
- Work closely with the AWS account managers and partners to help ensure their customers are successful using AWS web services, making sure they have the technical resources required,
- Understand customer business requirements and translation into the technical requirements, and work closely with the internal development teams to contribute and guide the direction of the product offerings,
- Understand and exploit the use of Amazon internal CRM and Data Warehouse systems,
- Prepare and propose business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to help growing the business,
- Help develop long-term strategic partnerships in support of AWS key markets,
- Handle a high volume of engagements and the fast pace of the cloud computing market,
- Experienced with account management (Enterprise, SMB and start-up) and solution marketing ability,
- Strong technical knowledge with ability to go deep enough on technical aspects of Big Data and Analytics/BI, Data Warehousing, Hadoop/Spark Ecosystem, Machine Learning and/or Real Time Event Processing as well as help driving business conversation that unearth these technical opportunities,
- Knowledge of relevant AWS services is a huge plus (Elastic Map Reduce (EMR), Athena, Redshift, Kinesis, Quicksight, Amazon Machine Learning, Rekognition, Polly, Lex, Amazon Web Services Lambda, Data Pipeline, S3, DynamoDB, and the Relational Database Service (RDS), etc.).