Amazon is looking for a talented, smart, and enthusiastic leader to manage inventory planning, operations and project management within our fast-growing FMCG program, Pantry. The Instock Manager will oversee inventory procurement and management for the Pantry category as well as drive analysis and optimization of inventory management systems and processes to ensure we achieve world class inventory availability and health. The ideal candidate is expected to help define and drive projects that improve forecasting and buying systems/processes, identify and resolve defects, reduce waste, and improve overall efficiency. You will lead vendor facing engagements with top vendors to optimize supply chain processes and are a quick learner who obsesses over data driven decision making and biases toward scalable solutions.
- Manage inventory availability and inventory health including: improved in-stock rates, inventory planning and systematic forecasting
- Optimize key system inputs to achieve highly automated replenishment
- Partner with internal teams to help drive tools and process improvements that affect purchasing and vendor management workflow, with emphasis on automating tasks that are currently performed manually
- Drive process improvement and operational excellence within our vendor community by reducing costs, defects, and lead times, while increasing innovation, automation, and economies of scale
- Partner with vendor managers and marketing managers in driving sales and profitability growth
- Drive complex business analysis that identifies opportunities to improve cost structure and profitability