Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience - Amazon continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform. To expand the selection of products available to customers Amazon engages with sellers who offer their catalogue of products on Amazons’ global ecommerce platforms. The Seller Support team acts as the primary interface between Amazon and sellers. We obsess over providing world class support, technical assistance and account management services to our global partners. We strive to predict the Seller's needs, create innovative self-help tools and provide solutions to help our partners better serve their customers and grow their businesses.
Seller Support at Amazon provides candidates with an opportunity to join a diverse, multicultural team with direct partnerships across extensive worldwide locations. Amazon and Seller Support pride ourselves on growing talent and leadership from within, offering multiple career paths in areas such as people management, program management, technical support, HR, training and development and workforce planning. Roles within Seller Support at Amazon offer candidates the opportunity to grow and develop skills such as mentorship, coaching, negotiation, process improvement, account management, data analysis, presentation and communication all while contributing to our vision of creating and sustaining a culture of approachable excellence that delivers a remarkable and reproducible Seller experience. External Job Title: Service Delivery Manager
Internal Job Title: Team Manager
Language Requirements: Italian & English
Direct Reports: 4 People Managers
Indirect Reports: 60 Associates
The role of a Seller Support Manager is to create high performing teams that will deliver operational excellence to our Sellers. The role will be required to effectively manage large scale teams within a complex business to business environment. As a Manager of people mangers the role will provide behavioural coaching, guidance, and mentorship to supervisors; driving achievement of performance goals. Reporting to the site operations manager this role is responsible for efficient management and execution of daily operations and ensures that teams are primed to provide the perfect seller interaction. Seller Support Manager is a critical role in our front-line org structure, collaborating with support teams to deliver key responsibilities including hiring, training and ownership of employee engagement through effective communication, recognition and lead by example behaviours. Summary of Responsibilities Key responsibilities include:
- Manages performance and behavior of 3-4 front line supervisors through effective 1:1 meetings, coaching, and mentorship as well as indirectly managing a team of 60 Associates.
- Implements performance goals, monitors and evaluates against pre-set goals implementing action plans to resolve performance barriers as needed.
- Regularly review and analyse key metrics across the site to identify root causes and formulate solutions to improve performance
- Create plans to address significant changes and issues like volume changes, type of contact, unusual spike of seller contacts, etc. and accountable to drive implementation of proposed solutions through Team supervisors to deliver results.
- Oversee effective implementation of short term staffing plan and scheduling adherence in partnership with workflow.
- Responsible for site management in lean staffing periods (e.g. weekend coverage) and resource to overtime requirements.
- Coach and develop associates, tech advisors and supervisors on career paths for internal promotions and job enrichment opportunities.
- Ensure Team Supervisors have a clear understanding of the performance bar and criteria used to differentiate performance
- Conduct Seller interaction audits to keep in touch with Seller and Associate Experience
- Actively participates and represents team members in the annual performance review cycle. Ensures Team Supervisors and Associates are compensated consistent with overall performance reviews, and administers annual compensation planning consistent with guidelines.
- Nurture a culture within the team that consistently demonstrates alignment with leadership principles; visibly ties department decisions to leadership principles and tenets.