The Business Analyst is responsible for helping the team understand customer behavior across and within all of our content areas including traffic, weather, local search, movies, sports, music, science, math, literature, and more. In this highly visible role, he/she will provide reporting, analyze data, make sense of the results and be able to explain what it all means to key stakeholders.
The successful candidate will be an expert with analyzing large data sets and have exemplary communication skills. The candidate will need to be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, and able to think big while paying careful attention to detail.
In addition to providing valuable insight into our customers, this person will work extensively with Amazon product management teams, partner marketing teams, technical teams, finance, and operations to help grow the business. Responsibilities
You love working with data, can create clear and effective reports and data visualisations, and can partner with customers to answer key business questions. You will also have the opportunity to display your skills in the following areas:
- Define requirements for reporting, customer behaviour, and technical performance metrics, and work with technical teams and product managers to integrate into our development schedules
- Identify opportunities to improve metrics and define reports that provide senior stakeholders with clear visibility to business performance
- Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions
- Develop, implement, and automate processes to collect and manage usage data from multiple sources
- Partner with internal and external market research teams to analyze our customers and the competitive environment
- Derive insights from customer feedback and usage data and provide input into new product development