The Operations Manager supports the Site Leader in leading a direct and indirect workforce to delivery customer satisfaction via a range of pre-defined metrics. The role is responsible for assisting in the management of a site to achieve the volume, quality, and cost goals in the strategic plan. The overriding goal is to maximize customer satisfaction and through this long term shareholder value.
The Operations Manager will lead a team of Shift Supervisors, coaching and mentoring the team to ensure that performance objectives are met and building positive employee relations and bench strength for the organization. The successful candidate will continuously improve the efficiency of all relevant processes and instill a culture of customer obsession, safety, and best-practice sharing.
- Supporting and standing in for the Site Leader in the management of a site.
- Manages day-to-day relationships with multiple Service Providers and monitors respective metrics
- Managing and driving the manpower demand plans, schedules, quality initiatives, process change initiatives and assist the business to achieve year on year improvements within its operating plan
- Manage a team within a very fast-paced/time-critical and demanding environment. Typically a team will consist of workforce from a variety of sources permanent/temporary and contract labour and the role holder must set the appropriate expectations with his/her team on managing the workforce in an appropriate, engaging and pro-active manner
- Develops talent - Create, lead, engage with and direct a workforce to drive enhanced performance through our people agenda. This will include at all levels of the business - safety of our people, employee engagement, performance leadership, talent & succession and training & development
- Implements change and/or develop new processes as required to provide ability to better service Amazon customers, reduce cost to serve and improve contribution.
- Set/clarify requirements and expectations for shift supervisors
- To drive a customer-focused culture within the operations department by implementing and managing initiatives and tools that aim to achieve customer satisfaction, loyalty and retention through delivery of excellent service levels.
- To meet the targets on delivering on time and in perfect condition in order to achieve customer satisfaction through an efficient operations process at optimum cost. Exceed all performance targets.
- To ensure that the site meets and exceeds the HSE regulations. Maintain excellent 5s and FSI audit results and manage with the self-audit process
- Supporting the development and maintenance of a strong culture of Health and Safety practices and initiatives including ensuring site practices are compliant with legislation and policy through effective monitoring, auditing and reviewing of practices on site.
- Participate in cross-functional Process and Business Improvement projects within the operation and the broader Amazon EU Operations network.