At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online. The goal of Amazon is to build a world class last mile operation. Amazon aims to exceed the expectations of our customers by ensuring that their orders, no matter how large or small, are delivered as quickly, accurately, and cost effectively as possible.
The Site Leader is responsible for all aspects of operations, and team leadership of a direct and indirect workforce. The role is responsible managing the site to achieve the volume, quality, and cost goals in the strategic plan. The overriding goal is to maximize customer satisfaction and through this long term shareholder value.
The Site Leader will lead a team of Operations and Shift Managers, coaching and mentoring the team to ensure that performance objectives are met and building positive employee relations and bench strength for the organization. The successful candidate will continuously improve the efficiency of delivery processes and instill a culture of customer obsession, safety, and best-practice sharing. Responsibilities:
- Manages day-to-day relationships with multiple Delivery Service Providers (DSPs) and monitors delivery metrics
- Managing and driving the manpower demand plans, schedules, quality initiatives, process change initiatives and assist the business to achieve year on year improvements within its operating plan
- Manage a team within a very fast-paced/time-critical and demanding environment. Typically a team will consist of workforce from a variety of sources permanent/temporary and contract labour and the role holder must set the appropriate expectations with his team on managing the workforce in an appropriate, engaging and pro-active manner
- Develops talent - Create, lead, engage with and direct a workforce to drive enhanced performance through our people agenda. This will include at all levels of the business - safety of our people, employee engagement, performance leadership, talent & succession and training & development
- Implements change and/or develop new processes as required to provide ability to better service Amazon customers, reduce cost to serve and improve contribution.
- Set/clarify requirements and expectations for operation manager & shift managers
- Working with key business partners such as Transport & Sort, ISP Management, Finance, Loss Prevention, IT, HR, ACES and Engineering to deliver the operating plan and to secure required support and resources for projects and initiatives
- To drive a customer-focused culture within the operations department by implementing and managing initiatives and tools that aim to achieve customer satisfaction, loyalty and retention through delivery of excellent service levels.
- To meet the targets on delivering on time and in perfect condition in order to achieve customer satisfaction through an efficient operations process at optimum cost. Exceed all performance targets.
- To effectively plan permanent and subcontract labour, facilities and equipment resources to meet and exceed internal and external service levels at all times, and to provide excellent service to customers.
- To ensure that the delivery station meet and exceed the HSE regulations. Maintain excellent 5s and FSI audit results and manage with the self-audit process
- Developing and maintaining a strong culture of Health and Safety practices and initiatives including ensuring depot practices are compliant with legislation and policy through effective monitoring, auditing and reviewing of practices on site.
- Participate in cross-functional Process and Business Improvement projects within the operation and the broader Amazon EU Operations network.