Amazon Robotics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Amazon.com, empowers a smarter, faster, more consistent customer experience through automation.
Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you’ll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even image yet. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Robotics and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun.
Amazon Robotics is seeking a talented and motivated software engineering student to assist with development of internal and external tools for monitoring associates and robot performance. The ideal candidate will have had experience with and interest in database development, web applications, and data visualization, possess good communication skills, and enjoy problem solving both independently and in team settings. This position reports directly to the International Launch and Performance team.
The Computer Engineer/Computer Science Co-op will be responsible for:
- Assisting in development of web based tools for analyzing robot performance data such as wireless signal strength and failure analysis
- Assisting in the architecture, design, and implementation of databases to store trending data for analysis
- Designing visual games for testing associate performance
- Computer vision problems including 2D and 3D cameras, laser scanners, and MoCap systems
- Having an understanding of and interest in the technical principles, theories, and concepts in software development
- Assisting an interdisciplinary team of engineers in the execution of product designs from concept to production including design, prototyping, validation, testing, and certification