Are you a Big Data specialist? Do you have Hadoop/Spark/EMR, Machine Learning and/or Real Time Event Processing experience? Do you like to solve the most complex and large-scale data challenges in the world today? Do you want to have an impact in the development and use of new data analytics technologies? Would you like a career that gives you opportunities to help customers and partners use Cloud computing to do build new solutions, faster, and at lower cost? Do you like to gain the deepest customer and partner insights using Cloud computing technologies? Come join us!
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for highly talented hands-on technical experts to collaborate with our customers and partners on key engagements and help make our customers successful. This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon’s world class technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology. These engagements will focus on Real Time and Batch-based Big Data processing, Business Intelligence, and Machine Learning. This role will specifically focus on AWS Services for Analytics, and on helping our customers and partners build innovative Solutions and Businesses that focus on leveraging the value of data.
As a Big Data and Analytics Specialist Solutions Architect (SA), you will be the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for helping customers successfully deploy analytics platforms on the AWS cloud. You will help customers select the technologies that will support their business requirements. Part of the Data and Analytics Specialist Solutions Architecture team, you will work closely with the other Specialist SAs on Big Data, Databases, Analytics and Artificial Intelligence, as well as the Business Development teams, to enable large-scale customer use cases and drive the adoption of AWS for their data processing platforms. You will interact with other SAs in the field, providing guidance on their customer engagements, and you develop white papers, blogs, reference implementations, and presentations to enable customers and 3rd parties to fully leverage the AWS platform. You will also create field enablement materials for the broader SA population, to help them understand how to integrate AWS solutions into customer architectures.
Candidates must have great communication skills and be very technical, with the ability to impress AWS customers at any level, from executive to developer. Previous experience with AWS is desired but not required, provided you have experience building large scale solutions. You will get the opportunity to work directly with senior engineers at customers, partners and AWS service teams, influencing their roadmaps and driving innovation.
This role will cover EMEA so the ideal candidate can be located in other countries across Europe, including; Switzerland, Germany, France and Italy
If you are someone who enjoys innovating, likes solving hard problems and working on the cutting edge of technology, we would love to have you on the team.
Roles and responsibilities
- Design Customer Solutions: Collaborate with AWS field account teams, training and support teams to help partners and customers learn and use AWS services such as Elastic Map Reduce (EMR), Redshift, Kinesis, Amazon Machine Learning, AWS Lambda, Data Pipeline, S3, DynamoDB, and the Relational Database Service (RDS)
- Devise Strategy: Engage with Solution Architects, Account Managers Professional Services and Partners to define an Analytics Engagement strategy for AWS operational territories and key accounts.
- Thought Leadership: Provide global thought leadership on Analytics solutions that benefit customers through the use of AWS Services. This takes the form of contribution to external publications such as the AWS Big Data Blog, Whitepapers and Reference architectures, as well as internal training of Solution Architects, Professional Services Consultants, Technical Account Managers, and AWS Trainers
- Serve as a key member of the business development and account management team in helping to ensure customer success in building and migrating applications, software and services on the AWS platform.
- Assist solution providers with the definition and implementation of technical and business strategies.
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the worldwide AWS solution architect community.
- Understand AWS market segments, and industry verticals.
- Understand and exploit the use of internal business support systems.