Amazon Web Services is seeking an experienced Program Manager to lead a team working on new products and services that will help businesses make the most of cloud computing and digital innovation. This opportunity require excellent technical, problem-solving, and communication skills.
In this role, you will help translate ideas into projects and requirements into prototypes and functional products. You will coordinate a portfolio of projects across multiple team geographies and be the force that helps drive the business and software development teams forward. You will facilitate workshops that focus on idea creation, complete requirements gathering, write specifications of features and produce implementation plans working back from the customer. You will own projects from initiation to product delivery, while being able to “herd the cats”, prioritize, and roll-up-your sleeves to deal with issues that can be resolved autonomously. You will co-ordinate and work with EMEA-wide stakeholders and cross-functional business trams to identify, define, and specify solutions, and collaborate with various technical teams to deliver them in an iterative fashion.
You will communicate clearly and concisely to both business and technical audiences, while ensuring all stakeholders are regularly updated on progression and made aware of any outstanding issues and changes in project status. You will have strong organizational and problem-solving skills, with the ability to make decisions and influence at leadership level. Finally, you will take an active role in our focus on continuous improvement, enhancing processes as well as increasing quality and overall efficiency.
- Interact with project sponsors, project stakeholders and multiple business and software development teams to define and deliver complex features
- Drive programs to completion across multiple organization teams
- Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate ad make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constrains
- Plan and manage multiple parallel projects
- Identify, assess, track and mitigate issues and risks at multiple levels, using various tools
- Create, maintain and disseminate project information to stakeholders
- Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitments across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities
- Communicate project issues and status in a concise, accurate, and professional manner
- Apply best practices to the software development lifecycle for projects based on experiences with a number of agile and blended approaches, as well effectively coordinating the implementations across teams
- Build and maintain integrated project schedules that account for internal/external dependencies, numerous constrains, and adequately factors in some contingency for some unplanned delays while still be aggressive on timelines
- Remain flexible to changing priorities, open to new ideas and have Amazon’s success firmly in your focus
- Iterate, collect data ad use quantitative analytical skills to learn more about what adds value to customers, adjusting your strategy and priorities