Are you a Database Specialist? Do you like to solve the most complex and large-scale database challenges in the world today? Do you want to have an impact in the development and use of new database technologies? Would you like a career that gives you opportunities to help customers and partners use Cloud computing web services to build new solutions, faster, and at lower cost? Do you like to gain the deepest customer and partner insights using Cloud computing technologies?
Amazon aims to be the most customer centric company on earth. Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers critical applications for hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world.
At AWS, we’re hiring highly technical cloud computing architects to collaborate with our customers and partners on migrating their Database and Analytics Solutions to the cloud. This role will specifically focus on AWS Database Services such as Amazon RDS, Amazon Aurora and Amazon Database Migration Services.
You would be one of the founding members of a dynamic EMEA team bringing the latest in disruptive, cutting-edge cloud computing technologies to bear on the difficult cost and agility challenges facing many organizations. The business development and accounting management teams will help accelerate the adoption of AWS as the leading cloud technology platform.
As this role will cover EMEA the ideal candidate can be located in other countries across Europe, ideally; Germany, Netherlands, Spain, France.
The ideal candidate will …
Be great fun to work with. Our company credo is “Work hard. Have fun. Make history”. As the right candidate, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge.
Enjoy working with customers and partners. You have a passion for educating, training, designing, and building cloud computing systems for some of the world’s largest and most important organizations.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Design Customer Solutions, collaborate with AWS field sales, presales, training and support teams to help partners and customers learn and use AWS Database services such Amazon Relational Database Service (RDS), Amazon Aurora and Amazon Database Migration Services.
· Devise Strategy and Engage with Solution Architects, Account Managers Professional Services and Partners to define a Database & Analytics Engagement strategy for AWS operational territories and key accounts.
· Thought Leadership – Provide thought leadership on Database solutions that benefit customers through the use of AWS Services. This takes the form of contribution to external publications such as the AWS Big Data Blog, Whitepapers and Reference architectures, as well as internal training of Solution Architects, Professional Services Consultants, Technical Account Managers, and AWS Partners.
· Serve as a key member of the business development and account management team in helping to ensure customer success in building and migrating applications, software and services on the AWS platform.
· Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the EMEA AWS solution architect community.
If you are someone who enjoys innovating, likes solving hard problems and working on cutting edge technology, we would love to have you on the team. The role would require to travel to support the business across the EMEA region.