Interested in Amazon Digital devices? Come work on them! We are building devices such as the Kindle eReader, devices that have the potential to change the world. We’re working hard, having fun, and making history!
We are seeking an experienced Senior Program Manager to join our beta program management team. In this role you will provide leadership and direction for program components. You must have a passion for the customer and be capable of delivering high quality under aggressive time constraints.
You will own Beta program components and work with Engineering, Product Management, Technical Program Management, and both internal and external beta participants, in order to track and resolve product issues identified during the beta test period. You should have experience working in a product development environment, strong organizational skills, and excellent customer-facing communication skills. Job duties and expectations include:
- Refine existing beta program processes in order to more efficiently track and prioritize issues discovered during the beta process
- Create beta test assignments for participants, beta program documentation, and setup/manage resources for internal beta test activities and bug bashes
- Create and manage beta participant forums, both internal and external
- Provide direct support to beta program participants through accurate and detailed support practices and troubleshooting skills
- Own maintaining friendly, professional communication and providing direction to beta participants
- Increase beta participation by motivating participants and identifying incentives
- Develop beta plans for new product and feature releases
- Define specifications for beta program tools
- Work with the internal Digital Products team to track and prioritize beta issues, follow up with engineering for resolution, and communicate status to participants
- Identify potential program risks and help ensure successful completion of beta activities through effective communication and follow-through
- Define and analyze beta participant metrics and feedback to generate and communicate meaningful reports, program status, and recommendations
- Identify participation requirements for the beta program and develop beta eligibility surveys for each product; and
- Excellent communication skills and experience working with technical teams and management to collect requirements, evaluate alternatives and develop processes and tools as needed to support the organization