The Senior Service Technician
has a significant impact on the customer experience. The Senior Service Technician has the ability to lead other Engineering technicians, design solutions for difficult problems, able to manage outside contractors, be on call for emergencies, ability to handle multiple projects and daily activities, and meet time lines, and develop plans on how to accomplish departmental and distributional goals.
The Senior Service Technician is responsible for the leadership/development and coaching of the team. Performance Management will be carried out by the Senior Service Technician. The Sr Service Technician leads the technical team in providing both a reactive and pro-active maintenance service on all operational equipment and facilities infrastructure within the FC. The role has a direct impact on the site, its productivity and operation. If equipment is not available or performs badly it minimizes the capacity and throughput of the site.
This role impacts on all operation staff within the FC specifically those using conveyance, sortation or MHE equipment within the warehouse. Controls maintenance activity on shift and therefore the speed with which issues are resolved; this can have a significant service and financial impact during peak times.
Within a typical Fulfilment Center, the Sr Service Technician works on equipment such as: multiple Receive lines, pick towers, tote conveyance, multiple pack lines, automated sorters, hundreds of pack stations, dozens of Applicators and various pick carts, stow carts, Rebin walls etc.Responsibilities will include:
- To provide supervision to Service Technicians
- To develop training plans for facility technicians and Engineering technicians
- To develop Preventive Maintenance programs
- To install, maintain, and troubleshoot power distribution systems, branch circuits, lighting systems, transformers, and wiring methods and materials
- To install, maintain, and troubleshoot relay logic, ladder diagrams, control components-- photo eyes, motor starters, relays, limit switches, proximity sensors, timers, solenoids, Servo drives, frequency inverters, linear drives, tachs, and encoders
- PLC programs, ability to troubleshoot ladder logic (read use for troubleshooting), components (CPU back plains, I/O boards, counters, modules, and devices) and communications modules (Ethernet)
- Repair and maintain Bus Systems for example profibus, asibus
- Mentor technicians by motivating, providing guidance and directions to help them achieve their goals
- Develop and maintain a good working relationship across all levels in the organization
- To provide enriched feedback to enhance individual performance
- To prioritize and manage resources under high pressure