Developers all over the world rely on our storage, compute, and virtualized services via Amazon Web Services. Our success depends on our world-class network and server infrastructure; we’re handling massive scale and rapid integration of emerging technologies. We’re looking for a Sr. Software Engineer to lead an Analytics team in support of Amazon’s virtualized network platform.
The AWS Load Balancing team is looking for software engineers to build analytics to provide valuable insights to our customers. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will lead the team in the creation of a new Analytics Platform for Amazon’s load balancer infrastructure. The platform will provide capabilities to expose more metrics such as fleet health, simplifying the troubleshooting process for our customers/team by automatically finding issues and presenting insights. The team will also build a system to understand the impact of changes to prevent customers from executing actions that could cause service impact.
We are building a scalable distributed system to manage thousands of heterogeneous devices in data centers across the world. These systems enable backend workflows to manage automated, planned and unplanned deployments supporting both roll-back and automatic failover. We are building a suite of robust management applications that provide significantly improved control, visibility and predictability for Amazon’s load balancing requirements worldwide.
As Senior Software Development Engineer for Load Balancing, you’ll have a unique opportunity to shape the development of our network. You’ll drive a step-change in Amazon’s ability to build, provision, manage and monitor the network, via powerful tools that automate manual workflows. You will design, implement and deliver large scale network automation software systems with a keen eye towards network availability, security, manageability and operability. You’ll work on Amazon’s hardest problems, building high quality, architecturally sound systems that are aligned with our business needs. You will architect, design and implement software system supporting a scalable, robust, virtualized network using high-density merchant silicon based routers. You’ll strive for simplicity, demonstrate significant creativity and high judgment, and contribute towards intellectual property through patents.
The ideal candidate will be a visionary leader, builder and an operator. A successful leader will demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Ability to establish technical standards and drive overall technical architecture and engineering practices across org.
- Capacity to think globally when building systems, ensuring Amazon builds high performing, scalable systems that fit well together.
- Experience in leading and contributing to multiple simultaneous product development efforts.
- Aptitude to balance technical leadership and demonstrate strong business judgment to make the right decisions about technology choices.
- High judgment and creativity; ability to decompose complex problems into simple solutions.
- Experience in the career development of others, actively mentoring individuals and the community on advance technical issues.
- Competence to exert technical influence over multiple teams, increasing their productivity and effectiveness by sharing your deep knowledge and experience.