IT Support Engineer (m/f)
At Amazon, we’re working to become Earth’s most customer-centric company, where anyone can find, discover and buy anything they desire. With your help, we can continue to delight our customers and push the boundaries of possible. This really is your chance to make history.
We’re seeking a talented and motivated IT Support Engineer to join our world-class Fulfilment & Operations: it’s in this context that our Fulfilment Centres operate.
For our Fulfilment Centres, we need sharp minds like yours keeping an eye on things. Specifically, on all aspects of our system support and IT infrastructure. That includes computer hardware, software, server capabilities, and more.
In your crucial role, you’ll function both on-site and in an on-call capacity to support your Fulfilment Centre. Reporting into the IT Manager responsible for your site, you’ll work with fellow engineers and wider teams from across Operations to implement and maintain critical IT infrastructure. You’ll also provide day-to-day system support to meet business needs, as and when required. Your role and responsibilities:
- A bachelor's degree,
- Ensuring IT infrastructure and equipment runs at optimum performance,
- Ensuring that departmental Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are met on your site,
- Supervising the day-to-day management of IT Technicians and Engineers, while reporting back to your IT Manager,
- Reviewing, adjusting and executing change management requests as required,
- Manage and coordinate the availability of all IT equipment and infrastructure, while keeping continuous improvement of processes in mind,
- Perform random site audits on technical infrastructure, ensuring adherence to Amazon’s most up to date IT guidelines, as well as those for Health and Safety,
- Act as a point of contact for contractors and external suppliers; you’ll also clearly communicate any technical issues,
- Proactively undertake project management duties:
- Act as a single point of contact for projects,
- Provide technical support/input, for team projects across your site,
- Keep key stakeholders informed of project progress, while maintaining project documentation,
- Provide sanity checks for the technical execution of projects,
- Carry out ad-hoc requests as and when required,
- Remain committed to and focused on internal customers, delivering outstanding service,
- Coordinate asset and inventory management, including checks and audits, always according to Amazon’s standards and processes,
- Interact with suppliers, request quotes and purchase equipment in accordance with policies, budgets and operational demand,
- Represent the IT department in Fulfilment Centres site meetings and conference calls,
- Produce weekly reports covering metrics and work performed,
- Provide mentoring and training to technicians and other engineers, while acting as the technical point of contact for remote support teams, as and when required.