Amazon is looking for a Risk Manager to lead our HR activities to comply with global data privacy requirements, including the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
We need your help to lead the central team that is organizing all the data privacy-related activities across HR. Multiple teams within Amazon are working on parallel efforts to assess the impact of and comply with global data privacy requirements. The risk manager will lead efforts to coordinate and oversee these activities to ensure compliance.
As a Risk Manager, you’ll be responsible for tracking all workstreams under the GDPR umbrella, working with service/process owners, product managers, risk owners, legal and other stakeholders to assess current state, identify gaps, and close gaps where appropriate. You will partner with Amazon’s data privacy office. As a program strategist, you will define use cases, analyze the potential customer and financial implications, select the most promising ideas, prioritize them, and create a cohesive roadmap.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Set long-term vision, own the program roadmap, and align company-wide dependencies spanning multiple stakeholder teams.
- Dive deep on data, and ensure the team makes the right trade-offs and protects high standards on behalf of the customer.
- Move fast, innovate, and find ways to simplify.
Successful candidate should be able to:
- Enjoy diving deep into data, have outstanding analytical skills, excellent communication strategies and be confident with executive level reviews.
- Thrive in a highly collaborative, creative, analytical, and fast-paced environment and are comfortable interacting with highly technical development teams.
- Have the experience and capability to prepare documentation for senior executives and align your roadmap with Amazon’s strategic objectives.
- Have demonstrated experience leading and influencing cross-functional teams
- Think strategically and at the same time stay on top of tactical execution