The Amazon Kindle team is on a mission to re-invent the future of reading as we work toward our goal of making every book ever written available to our customers on the Kindle store. To help us achieve this objective, we are looking for an experienced Technical Account Manager to join our EU Kindle Content team based in Spain. This role will own our technical relationships with publishers and ensure the seamless flow of digital book content and metadata throughout our digital supply chain to end consumers.
The Technical Account Manager is responsible for building strong working relationships with Spanish-speaking publishers and global Amazon stakeholders in content acquisition, product management, engineering, and operations. This role is responsible for coming up with creative, technology-driven solutions to solve complex problems and optimize global business processes. Technical Account Managers define and implement best practices as they work with publishers to solve issues around digital content creation, on-boarding, ingestion and file formats. The successful candidate is tech savvy, a strong self-starter, thrives in a fast-paced, goal-oriented environment, demonstrates an ability to solve technical challenges with innovative solutions, and is able to credibly coordinate between teams of technical resources and business stakeholders. Position Responsibilities
- Maintain ongoing relationships with Spanish publishers and conversion houses around technical and operational issues such as data transmission, cover images, metadata (XML/Onix), digital file formats, and content ingestion portals specific to Amazon
- Collaborate with digital content providers to stay on top of new content deliveries, changes in specs, resolution of problems including issues related to ingestion, clearing and reporting
- Innovate processes and manage projects that enable content providers to sell their Kindle content in an efficient and timely manner
- Leverage automation and new technology to improve cycle time, throughput, and yield of Kindle titles from ingestion through distribution to our customers
- Consistently improve content and the Kindle customer experience by delivering superior publisher support