Amazon’s European Customer Experience team mission is to define and develop innovative, scalable, customer-facing features, platforms and services for EU focusing on the European customer first. We are a team composed by Product managers, designers and engineering and we work in partnership with Amazon technical teams around the world. Key to our success is defining and building world-class features and functionality by partnering with business leaders across Europe, across all of Amazon’s Retail product lines and across Amazon’s software platform teams world-wide. This is a big role!
We are looking for a Product Manager to focus on EU opportunities. This person needs to be a customer-obsessed builder of new and cutting edge technology--a strategic thinker who knows how to execute and deliver. Product Managers on our team work closely with businesses, UX design and software engineering to design, develop and manage activities for technical and non-technical products and services from product definition and planning through production, release and expansion. We define the customer requirements and product strategy and work with technical teams to specify details of the design. We contribute to cross-functional and business expertise and drive program requirements. We develop strategy, define product requirements and coordinate project resources and go to market strategies. We assess the right balance of risk to allocate right resources, anticipates bottlenecks, provides escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, balance the business needs versus technical constraints and encourages risk taking behavior to maximize business benefit. Our work has high visibility to senior leadership, with small teams delivering highly significant projects. Key responsibilities:
- Work with teams, business leaders, product and engineering teams across Amazon to translate business requirements into functional specifications to launch innovative customer-facing initiatives.
- Identify opportunities by diving deep into EU metrics and benchmark with other markets
- Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
- Translate the customer experience into a logically-sequenced product and feature roadmap
- Represent EU customers and priorities with global stakeholders
- Write detailed product requirements documents and ensuring clear communication of those requirements to the business, design, usability, and development teams
- Manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, site performance and operational support load
- Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team’s ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals
- Lead across the organization to ensure we implement the vision efficiently
- Coordinate cross-team efforts spanning dozens of business, retail services, platforms and tools teams.
- Build project plans, balancing business needs with project risks and resource availability.
- Drive project execution, make technical tradeoffs, track and report on status, and resolve blocking issues.
- Raise the bar on our internal planning and operational processes.
- Assist with recruiting, hiring process, and growing the team.