Amazon strives to be the world’s most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything that they might want to buy online. Amazon.it and Amazon.es opened its virtual doors in 2010 and 2011 respectively. In recent years both sites have expanded both their catalogues –now offering everything from Books, DVD’s or Toys to Fashion, Sports, Musical Instruments and Grocery items to name just a few– and range of services, from a constantly improving Prime program to ultra-fast deliveries in Milan, Madrid and Barcelona through Prime Now. In both Italy and Spain, Amazon has hired a team of more than 1,000 professionals Amazon is constantly investing in supporting local SMEs through Amazon Marketplace and expanding its local fulfilment network to manage increase in customer demand.
Amazon is seeking a highly professional, experienced communications expert for the role of Senior Communications Manager Spain & Italy, reporting into the Head of PR in Europe. The purpose of the role is to design and implement PR strategies in both countries that help not only maintain and enhance the corporate reputation of Amazon but also increase the awareness among multiple audiences of Amazon’s growing offering.
This person will manage a team across Italy and Spain and have corporate and consumer PR dedicated professionals reporting into him/her. This role will be responsible for coordinating, aligning and implementing the communications activities in both countries with the support of strong and well-experienced local teams.
This position requires an intelligent, high-judgment and self-motivated communications professional with high ownership and ability to manage cross-country teams. This individual will have the ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic organisation and have a track record of generating results. He/she will own and lead several projects aimed to have a long-term impact in the reputation of Amazon Spain and Italy, looking for new and creative ways to drive awareness of the services Amazon provides to consumers. Building a strong employee branding will also be a key part of his/her role.
He/she will pay painstaking attention to details and show a structured approach to complex problems as well as a solid ability to deal with uncertainty. He/she will need to react fast to crises and provide clear guidance to his/her teams, be willing to roll-up his/her sleeves and get work done, even when at times it sits outside the scope of the role’s direct responsibilities.
Excellent writing skills in both English and Spanish are imperative for this role. The successful candidate must think and communicate clearly and be able to formulate a clear viewpoint on complicated issues, creating a concise and well-written narrative to express this opinion.
With natural leadership abilities and strong people-management skills, this professional will work closely with the Amazon Spain & Italy managing team, including its Vice-President. This person will develop the necessary relationships within and outside the company to protect the Amazon brand as a whole, being able to interpret the local context and recommend the best long-term strategy to fulfil this goal.
The successful candidate will benefit from a highly competitive salary and benefits package. Travelling is required. Key Responsibilities
- Design and implement a long-term PR strategy for Amazon Spain & Italy, both in the Corporate and Consumer arena.
- Formulate and support the implementation of communications goals, strategies and tactical PR campaigns and programs that advance our business objectives and strengthen our corporate reputation.
- Coordinate and manage a team of PR professionals; motivate and provide them with the guidance and resources to achieve results.
- Design and deploy an internal communications plan for our corporate employees in both countries, making sure activities are effective and aligned.
- Help manage corporate communications and support Public Policy work through the development and execution of relevant PR campaigns and initiatives. Amazon Marketplace and Employee branding will be key areas of focus of this person’s job.
- Create and update corporate messaging documents. Supervise Amazon’s overall narrative in Italy and Spain and ensure consistency across.
- Provide media training and advice to our executives.
- Set a long-term strategy for our Amazon in the Community corporate responsibility program.
- Ensure consistency, relevance and quality of content of our growing owned communication channels, from social media to the About Amazon sites.
- Manage sponsorships and speaking opportunities.
- Develop effective outreach programs to key corporate stakeholders such opinion leaders and third-party groups.