Amazon strives to be the world’s most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything that they might want to buy online. Amazon.es opened its virtual doors in 2011 and over the last years have expanded both its catalogue –now offering everything from Books, DVD’s or Toys to Fashion, Sports, Musical Instruments and Grocery items to name just a few– and range of services, from a constantly improving Prime program to ultra-fast deliveries in Madrid and Barcelona through Prime Now, just to name a few.
Amazon Spain is seeking a self-motivated, highly intelligent, high-judgment and well-connected public relations professional to lead the Consumer PR team in Madrid. This individual will be responsible for the proactive communication of Amazon products and services to media (lifestyle, business titles regional outlets) as well as opinion leaders. The successful candidate will be responsible for designing and implementing the innovative Amazon Prime program and various categories, from beauty or groceries to media, baby, sports and toys products. Through innovative campaigns, projects and continuous contact management across all type of media, she/he will ensure that new products and services will are clearly communicated to our existing and potential customers. The successful candidate will also support our business teams in communicating with customer and vendors on our platform.
The most important tasks of this new role will be:
- Design and implement PR projects to increase the visibility of the product lines and site features of Amazon.es in accordance with the global communication guidelines. Ensure maximum coverage and accuracy for new services and category launches.
- Lead the Spanish Consumer PR team and manage several public relations agencies on a daily basis.
- Build, nurture and manage a solid, long-lasting relationship of contacts across consumer, lifestyle and vertical media to ensure high-quality and accurate reporting regarding the Amazon.es consumer offering.
- Create and ensure flawless execution of the Christmas Communications Plan, including key events such as Black Friday.
- Coordinate the overall communications regarding important consumer-facing events like Prime Day or World Book Day.
- Support and execute PR for digital reading, from the Kindle content ecosystem to devices.
- Coordinate reporting and define KPIs to measure success.