The International Quality for Alexa team focuses on expanding Alexa’s capabilities on a global scale. We take on the unique challenge of understanding the nuances of how Alexa enabled devices can serve customers’ needs in different cultures and locations. If you are interested in shaping the future of Alexa for customers around the world, come and join our team. The Role
As a Manager of Software Development, you will be responsible for leading a team of engineers in designing and developing automated solutions that help guarantee the software quality across Amazon’s suite of devices for a regional markets around the world. A successful candidate will have an established background in building and leading best in class development teams focused on tools and infrastructure challenges, involving big data, back-end services, and cloud connectivity all with the goal of delivering a seamless device experience to our customers. A successful candidate will have an interest in developing automated solutions for consumer facing products, strong technical ability, excellent organizational skills, great communication skills, a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment, and a passion for devices. This role requires relocation to a regional hub.
- Responsible for the over-all systems development life cycle
- Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment
- Management of departmental resources, staffing, mentoring, and enhancing and maintaining a best-of-class engineering team
- Work closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach.