The Amazon Devices team designs and develops high-profile consumer electronics, including the best-selling Kindle family of products. We have launched groundbreaking devices such as E-readers, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Dash, and Amazon Echo. We test not only the digital devices but also the Amazon apps that run on Fire, Android, and IOS. What will you help us create?
This is a great opportunity to work on a variety of cutting-edge technologies and innovative products and develop tools, automation, and processes to find defects, characterize those defects with detailed communications and log files and then work as part of a team to triage those defects into fixes.
At Amazon, we continue to build more innovative digital products and solutions and you would play a crucial role to guarantee their success.
- Collaborate on test case creation for new Amazon digital devices with focus on Wi-Fi and 3G/LTE technologies
- Execute cases all over the world and provide detailed status reports
- Investigate and troubleshoot technical issues and consult with Dev teams to engineer solutions and fixes. Collect and analyze many different types of log files using several different recording tools.
- Provide detailed status reports for management and executives
- Identify process improvement needs and develop solutions and procedures, including the use of programming and scripting automation, to improve test efficiency
- Collect and review user experience-based metrics to find engineering defects in software and then devise solutions
- Provide support to customer service when customer complaints require engineering consultation (primarily in the area of radio connectivity)
- Travel within India and in surrounding countries and test for multiple days. (up to 50% travel could be required)
- Work as an individual contributor but also as a Test Lead for large-scale global test projects
- High level of written and verbal communication skills which may be called upon to lead meetings with external partners.