China FBS BP team seeks an Operations Business Partner to support the Amazon Web Services (AWS) China business. AWS is a high-growth, fast moving Amazon business that offers a broad set of global compute, storage, database, analytics, application, and deployment services that help organizations move faster, lower IT costs, and scale applications. The primary mission of AWS BP is to maximize Amazon’s free cash flow by ensuring receivables are collected as soon as possible, at the highest controllership and lowest cost to Amazon. Acting as BP role, collaboration with Business stakeholders is key to ensure collection efforts are efficient and respectful to the business relationship by providing the best experience possible for customers to pay.
The BP Manager will be responsible for managing AWS APAC finance operations, within the order-to-cash (OTC), procure-to-pay (P2P) lifecycle, and affecting people, process and technology needed to achieve organizational goals. This involves collaboration with system, process and business owners to drive initiatives and advise stakeholders through data analytics. The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ambiguous and demanding work environment is critical to success in this role.
The successful candidate will have a strong desire in innovating processes and exceed expectations in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and strategic influencing skills, experienced in large scale change management across functions and geographies, and exhibit a restless pursuit for improvement. Primary areas of responsibility include
- Partnering with internal Amazon Web Services and external business partners (AWS operators, vendors and customers) as well as other Finance teams to drive improvement activities, efficiency gains and decision support.
- Be responsible to support AWS APAC Business initiatives and expansions. Ability to support business new initiatives and design operation process with controller-ship request. Own China AWS and APAC PMT projects aimed at delivering meaningful efficiencies for Amazon across the suite of Finance Business Services’ processes.
- Identify and own opportunities for AWS China & APAC to grow free cash flow and/or operating margins.
- Communicating with Amazon business stakeholders in China, India, and Seattle, and with co-workers across the globe.
- Contributing to planning, forecasting and reporting Profit/Loss and working capital metrics.
- Building robust business case analyses of new programs, deals and acquisition proposals.
- Decision support analysis to support commercial terms negotiations.
- Contributing to the prioritization of objectives and organizational development to help support rapid business growth and bring the Finance Business Services function to the next level of business partnering and support.
- Coordinating and/or playing a key role in business and operations reviews designed to identify expansion projects, changes in business trajectory, controllership enhancements and accounting risks.
- Driving vendor and customer issues to resolution enabling a virtuous cycle of opportunity for the greater business.
- Supporting the development of project roadmaps and working with multiple teams to implement effective long-term solutions which optimize the productivity of the team as well as that of our business partners.