Our Senior Development Engineers influence team software architecture and lead the way technologically solving complex architecture and business problems for different businesses across our EU businesses from Madrid's TechHub.
The goal of the Amazon EU Core Technology team is to make all products in a given country available on all of Amazon’s European websites, at the lowest possible cost, and in the language of the customer. We are looking for motivated problem-solvers who will embrace the end-to-end ownership of services that make tens of millions of retail decisions every minute, within a distributed technical environment. You will create the best European shopping experience possible, at the biggest scale ever.
As a Technical Lead, you’ll strive for simplicity, and demonstrate significant creativity and high judgment. You’ll be expected to:
• Serve as a technical leader on our most demanding, cross-functional projects.
• Ensure the quality of architecture and design of systems across the organization.
• Contribute intellectual property through patent generation.
• Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions.
• Fully and completely understand system inter dependencies and limitations.
• Possess expert knowledge in performance, scalability, enterprise system architecture, and engineering best practices.
• Effectively research and benchmark Amazon technology against other best in class automated marketing technologies.
• Assist in the career development of others, actively mentoring individuals and the Amazon developer community at large on advanced technical issues and helping managers guide the career growth of their team members
• Exert technical influence over multiple teams, increasing their productivity and effectiveness by sharing your deep knowledge and experience.
Come be part of this growing, dynamic and challenging space!
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.