Solutions Architect – Demand Generation
At Amazon, we are continuously striving to me the most customer-centric company in the world. AWS have been helping over one million customers in over 190 countries, from Airbnb to GE, to deliver flexibility, scalability and reliability across their organizations. Behind this success is exceptionally talented, bright and driven individuals who work hard, have fun and make history.
The Solution Architect in the Demand Generation team is a new position that presents opportunities for the right individual to shape the technical skills of the team as well as educate customers on how to craft highly scalable, flexible, resilient, secure and cost-effective cloud architectures. You will have the opportunity to help define and execute a strategy to build, share and broaden the use of AWS within organizations ranging from new start-ups to established businesses. You will have the equally exciting opportunity to grow the technical maturity of the sales team through training and continuous process improvements. This is a new and highly visible position which will have create a significant customer impact across many parts of EMEA.
We are looking for a candidate who is comfortable at the intersection of technology and business and team building. They will be broadly competent across many areas of technology and deep in a handful of areas. The candidates must possess excellent communication skills as the Solutions Architect will spend most of their day interacting with internal and external customers via email, phone, and in-person meetings. We are looking for someone who can also competently create and deliver training material for new cloud services and technologies. The candidate should also demonstrate organizational or process scaling skills. Cloud is the new normal, and the only way to meet demands on your new team is to be engaged with the continuous improvement process.
This role requires travel up to 10%.
Roles & Responsibilities:
* Partner with the Demand Generation team to educate customers on the value proposition of AWS, and participate in architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud
* Own each engagement, helping to ensure a timely and successful delivery of value
* Capture and share best-practice knowledge within the AWS solutions architect community
* Create and deliver training and education sessions to widen and deepen technical and process skills for the Demand Generation team
* Author or otherwise contribute to AWS customer-facing publications such as whitepapers
* Act as a technical liaison between customers and product teams and help evolve the AWS platform